End Of An Era

 

My elder sister Ann has run the Prestatyn Flower Show for some 25 years 
Covid had put paid to the last two shows and without the impetus and with difficulties with an older committee demographic and other logistical problems she has decided to pull the show for good.
I understand her emotions , having gone through the same thing just three years ago, but there is something to be said for letting things go whilst on top .
I collected two of her Show’s trophies that I had donated 
The Joan Gray Cup and The Wynyard Cup came back home this morning. 

I’ve been researching if I can book a plot for myself in the village graveyard.
It’s not as easy as you may think
Perhaps it’s because I’m six months off sixty that I’m revisiting things like my will, my funeral plot and expenses my death would create .
I don’t want anyone else to be burdened with any of this shit…..







from Going Gently https://ift.tt/B9zR5W2

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق