'Think of Me'


Maya Angelou once said “ I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you Made them feel”
I like this quote…..and I was reminded of it this week after learning of the death of Barry Cryer.
For those that don’t know Barry Cryer was a comedian, writer, celebrity panelist and performer. 
His career spanned 70 years and almost universally his peers have eulogised the same things about him as a person.
He was warm, and generous and funny and he made them feel good.
I saw Cryer perform live twice . Both times in the famous Radio 4 I’m sorry I Haven’t A Clue.
The first time was in Sheffield in the early 1990s. The second in Llandudno a couple of years ago.
Both times I was struck with just how joyous and generous and warm he was. 
Warm people are so attractive, they suck you towards them like lights do to moths and they seem to warm the soul somehow
Cryer seemed such a man


It would be nice to be remembered like Cryer has been remembered , just over this short few days since his death 
……..fondly.

  


from Going Gently https://disasterfilm.blogspot.com/2022/01/think-of-me.html

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق