I Give Up

 After my disastrous date last year ( the one who never shut up about himself ) I was resigned never to meet up with someone from a faceless again.
Last week I received the offer of a “date” from a man I shall call Dan
We are both on the same LGBTQ+ Facebook group which is based in the next county but because of covid most of the social meeting activities planned have been postponed or cancelled over the last two years. 
I did go on one of the walking excursions last summer, which was nice if not somewhat lesbian “ heavy” , but missed the PRIDE social which looked a little too young for me.
Dan messaged me from a comment I made suggesting running a gay themed cinema night. He sounded intelligent and film savvy and eventually after a few relaxed cinema based messages he asked if we could meet for a coffee. 
He told me he was a riding instructor and that he was single 
His Facebook profile looked pretty ordinary and sorted  
This afternoon I drove to a cafe twenty miles away to meet him 
The conversation flowed I thought and three coffees later we agreed to meet up on Tuesday for a dog walk. He seemed a little shy but interested.

When I got home I messaged him that I had enjoyed our chat 
Only to find that he had left the social group and had just blocked me on Facebook, messenger and mobile phone…
Lol …….WTF ? 
I think I’ve been ghosted


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3nQeYKX

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق