I don’t want to go to back to work today
I want to sleep in under the duvet as the dark ice hardens Bluebell’s windscreen wipers.

In winter I hate coming home to a silent dark house.
The dogs will be at Trendy Carol’s and Albert is usually asleep in the West wing’s Office
and so the cottage is quiet and still and empty which I drive down the lane.

I often leave a light on in the living room to make the cottage more welcoming but tonight I will be faced with a row of fairy lights, left by my sister in the patio revamp of yesterday.
I will post photos of her work once the gravel is laid but yesterday she’s planted out camellia, and ferns and evergreen broad leaves as will as hellebores, heucheras, and tiny almost delicate herbs in miniature terracotta pots .
Delicate bulbs and flowers have filled a hanging basket and spring primulas fill the gaps within the bowls and buckets and planters with cheerful greenery.
It looks lovely
The solar powered fairly lights have been wrapped very carefully around the beams above, giving the cottage a rather cheerful aspect in the dark.
Mr Poznań had walked by very carefully, like an ageing king penguin, when I took the dogs out before choir zoom meeting at 6.30
I asked him if he’d liked the new light display 
“ Very Pretty …..very gay “ was his simple reply 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3FIPkO9

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق