But What?



 I’m feeling somewhat unsettled today and I don’t know quite why.
I had an unsettled night.
So much so that Dorothy woke up from her sleep apnoea slumber to lick the back of my neck until I fell asleep again.
I have a sense of waiting for something important is about to happen.
But I have no idea of just what that something is.
It’s wrong footing me, somewhat.

I woke at dawn, with the bedroom full of a strange red glow and went outside to look and photograph  the frozen but fiery sky to the east.
Further down the lane Trendy Carol had been photographing the skyline too. She was dressed in a fashionable long green coat and hat.
“ We are taking the girls tomorrow arnt we ?” She called , bringing a type of normality to the unreal morning.
I’m back at work on days after today.



I feel I’m waiting for someone to knock on the door .
Or for the phone to ring.
Or a message to ping.
It’s a strange feeling.

My sister is coming to organise my “patio” with its half arsed planters this afternoon and I’m meeting some friends shortly for lunch shortly.
Choir on zoom later, and I’ve collected all of the ingredients to make gyoza dumplings for my healthy lunch tomorrow.
The dogs have been walked and fed
And Dorothy is watching me carefully under a heavy brow from her usual spot on the kitchen reading chair 
Something is going to happen…I’m sure of it 

But what ?


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3GEGTov

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق