Parklife

"Hello! My name is Lottie and I live  at The Animal Farm in Graves Park which is a 240 acre public park in Sheffield's southern suburbs. I live with some sheep, llamas, alpacas, chickens, guinea pigs, pot-bellied pigs, rabbits and goats but I am by far the biggest. I am a shire horse and I'm five years old. My ancestors used to plough the fields of England before tractors came along.

The Animal Farm is aimed at children and families but on Thursday I noticed a tall dark stranger walk into the yard in a Hull City manager's coat. He was brandishing a camera and asked me to stay still while he snapped an arty farty picture of my right eye which you can check out below."
Before arriving at The Animal Farm on my circuit of Graves Park, I had called in to The Rose Cafe for lunch - a sausage and chopped tomato  sandwich with a mug of tea. This was my table as I waited for the sandwich to arrive:-
Here's another picture from the park. A lone sycamore tree with its leaves now stripped ready for winter. Beyond it, in the distance, the hills of  The Peak District roll over into Derbyshire . The tree stands in a very exposed position. It must be very strong, refusing to be blown down through the years it has been growing there.
Finally back to The Animal Farm where one of Santa's elves was sitting in the kiosk with his COVID mask on looking a little sorry for himself. With it being a Thursday afternoon, business was slow.  Don't worry - I asked for his permission to take the photograph. He was happy to oblige


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/3dl8GNB

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق