Happy New Year



I’m not a fan of New Years Eve
This has not always been the case, but since 1989 and the death of a close friend in last throes of the year I have not really had the energy to revisit old festivities.
I think this is a shame , but it’s been done and dusted and out of choice I have always volunteered to work through New Years Eve.
Tonight is no different. I’m working nights tonight and tomorrow. 
Perhaps it’s almost time to revisit the evening albeit in a very different form.

And so what do I wish for 2022?

It’s not rocket science but all I want is a happier, less isolated time 

That’s not unique to me, so I should really add that I also want a healthier time…2021 has not been too great on that score, and I’m a little tired of negotiating medics through the veil of covid and tiptoeing my way through hospital corridors .

I also want to stop feeling sorry for myself at times
It’s easy to do this when you are single 
And I bang on about that too much.
I have to stop associating being single with being lonely. 

I am so lucky.
I have friends and family and lots of them. 
I just have to take advantage of things and of time more effectively
I guess that’s a resolution of sorts

So in that vein, and covid permitting I’ve decided that I’m going to London on Monday.
I’ve just booked my usual hotel. 
My friend Alex is in town and I’ve just had a message from Nu to say she can meet me too
The trains will be a nightmare but fuck it 

I’m starting the year as I mean to go on

Be nice to each other, be kind, be well……

….Happy New Year


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3sMxmr7

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق