London Bound

 


There is a chill in the air this morning.
Winter is approaching and the dying ash trees in the graveyard are stark against the cold marble sky in the west. Ash die back has decimated the trees nearby and those around the Church have been marked with yellow paint spots by the council and are awaiting their sad executions.
It was dark when I returned home last night, so I didn’t notice that my sister had titivated the garden which now looks clean and tidy and ready for the winter. 
She had planted pansies in the flower beds and left a colander on my garden table filled with alpines


I’m going down to London today and the quiet coldness of the village feels a million miles away from the lights and bustle of Covent Garden . 
I’m staying in Z Hotel again 
I need to pick my train but I need my coffee first.
Our tickets for Comic Con are not until tomorrow but as Leo wanted an early start and has only got to travel from Kent, I have arranged to go down today so that I can meet him from the station.
A night free in London will be filled by a trip to The Duke Of York’s Theatre to see The Ocean At The End Of The Lane.
My nephew has Aspergers and I think it’s his first time travelling to town on his own, so it’s kind of a big deal. His mom emailed me yesterday to check if I had arranged to meet him and I assured her I had.
It’s strange to think that the last time we were in London together he was a little boy.

Dorothy is off to my sister’s shortly and Mary to Trendy Carol’s 
Enough time for another coffee me thinks




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3oEX11a

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق