Food


 I’m back on nights until Saturday morning.
Saturday night I’m having a dinner party
After writing those words, I’ve realised just how old fashioned I am
Apparently people don’t “ do” dinner parties anymore .
They just do food.

Chic Eleanor is one guest and our friends Sara & Pask are the others. Pask is a colourful Italian doctor who is a real natural foodie, which raises the stress of what food to pick somewhat, but I’ve made it easy on myself and have kept things simple . Eleanor will bring with her the starters and the others will bring the desert. 
I will be cooking an all-in-on chicken, rice , olive dish from Spain
Last time they all came, Eleanor dropped some red hot french beans into Pask’s lap, causing him to tear off his trousers, ones that needed sponging down, leaving him to finish the dinner in his underpants.
That was a first at Bwthyn y Llan.

Anyway it will be nice to have a houseful again.

I’ve been collecting a nice set of cutlery over the past couple of years, buying the odd spoon and knife from John Lewis every time I go. I now have enough for four guests to use all at once, but this morning I realised I don’t own four matching cup and saucers, so popped down to Sainsbury’s and bought two to make up a set. 

That’s as far as I go with pushing the boat out.


 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3bYoDZj

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق