Duds

 

Chic Eleanor had originally agreed to act as my fashion guru today but was unavailable for a trip to Liverpool so my friend Colin stepped into her expensive Italian Bruno Cucinelli sandals and gave me the benefit of his vast advice.
Anyone who knows me well knows that I have an “eclectic” type  of fashion sense which is complicated somewhat by colourblindness and a limited budget but with Colin flexing his impressively sartorial gay muscles I was in safe hands. 
I did make things a little difficult when I bought a jacket before I met Colin. 
It’s wool and nicely heavy, but he pursed his lips just a little and said “hummmm  I see we are going for a country theme here” 
We entered John Lewis skipping.
The salesman had an interesting take on formal ware shopping. Because of covid he said suits and jackets just haven’t been selling until a few weeks ago when everyone either needed a new outfit for work, to replace ones not fitting because of lockdown weight gain or needed to purchase wedding outfits , weddings open to more than a handful of guests. 
The shelves were pretty empty .
Having said this almost two hours later, Colin had picked out two pairs of trousers, two dress shirts, a belt, a pair of shoes and a trendy tie. 
I was exhausted but satisfied we had made the right decisions so we had chips and curry for a late lunch in way of celebration .
I even bought a handkerchief for my top pocket 
Hey ho


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3AD78I8

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق