Puffin


Cro reminded me too that it is the anniversary of 9/11 
I remember that lunchtime very well.
As I was watching the news, through my lounge window I caught sight of a stranger rummaging through the skip I had hired . He ran off with a plastic human head. 
The sort you used to see in men’s wear shops advertising hats.

I’m having a quiet day today. 
Last week, I promised work I would cover sickness by working an extra shift tonight .
It will pay for my new painting which is pragmatic of me, if not very practical, for tomorrow lunchtime I’m off to Liverpool to see the City’s Philharmonic with a friend
Waltzes by Strauss, and works by Dvorák, Prokofiev, and Márquez…the full orchestra is back on stage! 
Sounds great , and lunch at Mowgli beforehand ..what a treat

Big thank you to Sue at https://paw862.blogspot.com/
Who sent me her painting of a puffin
She had underplayed it on a recent post and I told her then that I thought it was lovely
It is….
Simple and elegant 
And she sent it to me as a gift! 
Thank you.

The dogs have just had a long walk and I think I shall scrub the doggy smells from Bluebell’s interior before we all have a siesta .
But I will finish my bucket of coffee first
And listen to the tick of the kitchen clock



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3hjMR39

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق