Fat Bastard Breakfast




 I woke early and took the dogs out for a long walk.
Then Mary and I went out for breakfast. 
I wanted to read a paper in peace, so unfortunately the over excitable Dorothy had to stay home.
I bought the paper ( the first time in three years!) and we sat outside at y shed ( The Shed) where I thought fuck it and ordered a full English, WITH fried bread AND toast washed down by two lovely illy Americanos.
And I read the paper like a tourist.
It felt as though I was abroad, sat at the Santa Maria in Sitges 
Quite lovely

As we walked back I listened to a radio 4 podcast of Nurenberg Remembered on my phone. A detailed and incredibly moving documentary by William Shawcross who was the son of the leading prosecutor Sir Hartley Shawcross , this programme memorialised the 75 year old anniversary of the trails.

In it, Shawcross reviews the ten month military tribunal through the eyes of the children of the protagonists and despite the vastness of the subject matter I was incredibly moved by the stories that were unearthed.
Radio 4 gets slated occasionally for its news coverage and the like, but in this case, a quality documentary that provokes thought and emotion, the radio station excels like no other.

Sir Hartley Shawcross




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3kHTApL

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق