Jisas Yu Holem Hand Blong Mi


This hymn, sung in Solomon Island Pijin, is hypnotic as it is strange. 
For some strange reason it’s been going around my head today.
Translated it’s title means Jesus hold my hand 

I can’t think of the last time I held someone’s hand….
Probably at work, but I can’t remember any specifics.


This scene has flashed through my mind too 
And this one too

This one too


It's Glasgow, March,
And we walk hand-in-hand
In the park

Now it's 3:13
And I'm late,
And it's time
I make a choice
We're both boys,
You see.

If you were to go
Back and look,
You'd see a hundred eyes
Hurry to objectify
This hand-in-hand stance
It's a flurried
Dance
Of reaction.
Some smile, they're proud
And they want me to know
But there's a darker
Shade of brow
That balances the books
The kind of look that challenges
Like this is some chess game
And I'm in check
And I'm second-guessing
What they might do next
Point me out to all the
Pawns in the crowd
Spawn
A following
Whose glowers linger on
So that our hands
Are no longer holding
But dragging
Glare after
Glare
Snowballin' stares
Stretching
Elastic social disgrace
Through this forbidden space
And the scales
Are well and truly tipped.


Time For Love
Sean Lionadh


I miss it, a little x



from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2Vw9utI

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق