Apologies

 

I’m usually very responsible when taking the girls for a walk
Mary is always on a lead, and Dorothy who returns to me as soon as I click my fingers is leashed whenever a dog she doesn’t know looms into view or a cyclist appears on the walkway we venture down daily.
I didn’t see the man happily eating his bag of crisps this morning
It was raining softly and I had my head down
He was sat back, away from the path and was obscured by long wet grass
But Dorothy saw him.

Moments later all I heard was yelling
“ FOR FUCK’S SAKE!” the voice bellowed
Dorothy shot passed me with a cheese and onion Crisp bag in her mouth and moments later a middle aged man in grey jogging bottoms thundered out onto the path
Sans crisps, he stood there, red faced with two perfect and very muddy bulldog paw prints on each thigh of his joggers, then stormed off with my ineffectual and perfuse apologies ringing in his ears.


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/35OR6Oo

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق