Ouiser could never stay mad at me; she worships the quicksand I walk on."



The desk at work looks like the wreck of the Hesperus.
As a favour I’ve come in to cover sickness but in patients remains strangely quiet , so I’m catching up on nurse revalidation paperwork and am online buying a leaving gift for a colleague .
I smell strangely expensive too....which is a first......

I smell expensive because I’ve generously squirted myself with  Jicky ..extract de parfum which was a gift from one of my patients from last year. I didn’t know it can be bought for £255 quid a bottle until tonight
No more squirting Dorothy’s farty backside with it now I know.....hey ho.....I’m such a Luddite 

I’m skint too, but before the troll minions start, I’m not complaining about it, just observing it. 
The cinemas open soon so I’ve prebooked  tickets for the recent crop of Oscar winners
Anthony Hopkins The Father,  Chloe Zhad’s  Namadland  with Francis McDormand, Pedro Almodovar’s The Human Voice, and the Korean/ American Minari 

I’ve also just booked my train to see Nu.....I’m going a few days after my birthday in June.....what fun! 
There will be much shedding of tears when we meet for sure.

Tomorrow , after a sleep I will venture forth to B@Q to buy some white paint to weatherproof the back of the cottage and to give it a clean up after a wet winter

I will leave you with a brief tribute to Olympia Dukakis who died yesterday.
She was not only a fabulous actress  with memorable roles in Moonstruck, Tales of the City  and  Steel Magnolias “ looks like two pigs fightin under a blanket,” but she was also an active advocate for LGBTQ rights. 
A lovely lady with a lovely smile.
She will be missed.





from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2QOfeg2

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق