My Coffee Is Good

 

Trelawnyd from above the Gop


Late April is perhaps the best time of the year to see Trelawnyd, especially on a sunny day. 
For those that read about this rather insignificant little village, I am sure most will have their own mental pictures of it, but I am aware that apart from some photographs I have never attempted to describe this place where some 500 souls make their home.
The village is situated some five hundred and fifty feet above sea level in the Clwydian Hills and is tucked on the South facing base of Gop Hill, which is the second hill in the range if viewed from across the bay in Llandudno.
Gop Hill and the Neolithic Burial Mound( the village lies bottom right)


Gop Hill is partially wooded , but the slope which backs onto the village is grazed and is covered in gorse bushes which glow gold in April when they start to flower. 
I am looking at the Gop as I type this green and gold against the blue sky.
On its summit lies the Neolithic burial cairn, and the black stick figures of dog walkers can just been seen standing on the top.

The village is protected from the North Winds by the hill and lies along one road ( London Road) with the church and school dominating the West flank and the Village Hall and Pub bordering the East.
The centre of the village lies nearer to the Hall with the older houses dating from the 17th and 18th Century spreading North and South just a little. 
My cottage , one of two built in the 1660s lie down a little lane which follows the boundary of the Church wall. The lane snakes down the valley to the Felin ( Water Mill) before climbing again to the South, so the village is comfortably surrounded by hills and is perched above a valley which slopes gently down to the coastal plain and the sea which is only five miles away.

The Golden Gorse covering most of the southern part of the Gop


We had a power cut this morning. The village what’s app group buzzed it’s annoyance .
I went to Mc D ‘s and got a large coffee to start the day properly. 
It’s sunny and lots of friendly faces are about.


I feel recharged today. Proper sleep has helped with that as did a good debrief with a friend about sad case at work which laid heavy on my mind
I’m off to buy a wisteria this afternoon and tonight I am catching up with Gorgeous Dave for a beer in his garden.
But for now I’m typing this at my office desk and as I look out of the window I spy a couple of villagers I know chatting in the lane. Pippa walks down, past them with Meg
And from the gardens comes the crow of the little bantam as he answers the call from the riding stable cockerel.

The sun is bright on the houses that border London Road and above their roofs I can see the golden gorse on the Gop glow a warm yellow.

My coffee is good






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2QlI5ba

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق