Rubber Chicken

 

Sailor John from next door brought a package around for me today 
He had opened it, thinking the package was for him.
I wondered why he raised a Roger Moore eyebrow when he delivered it.
For in the parcel was very small, bright yellow rubber chicken 
It was a gift from blog reader Donell. 
The chicken has a odd skill as when it is pressed a small red egg protrudes from some sort of prolapse out of its arse...
It made me laugh, as it was intended to do.
Thank you Donell. 

For years I have been in receipt of many many similar gifts from scores of lovely people who follow Going Gently . The gifts are as varied as the givers .
25 kilos of hen feed and two bales of hay, arrived one day a long time ago and since I have received scotch eggs, a patchwork quilt, books and photos and paintings and art work. Hand knitted and crocheted items, walking dead T shirts and games and memorabilia . Dvds, doggy treats, plants and flowers, sweets and goodies and even a Steiff  scotty dog and money have been sent and all gratefully received .


Today, I’ve walked on the beach.
Prepared pulled pork and sauteed potatoes for lunch 
Tomorrow I’m meeting a friend from Australia on zoom. 
We have the same recipe planned  and will talk and cook together which is another lockdown phenomenon , born out of lonely days .....
I’m looking forward to it. 


Two dogs on the trendy couch look incongruous as do the Christmas card garlands around the room 
I need a third
And I need to fold away the cards 
Hey ho

 






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3oxOMTz

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق