Bliss


There may be other stuff going on in the world right now but I don't care about all that. Don't care about COVID-19 or Ugly Trump or Scruffy Johnson or global warming or the death of Phil Spector or even the fact that Hull City only drew with Blackpool yesterday. No - this weekend, all that I care about is the new addition to our family - Little Phoebe.

She came to our house today with her soft skin, her tiny fingernails, her sighs and her plaintive cries. And she fell asleep while her mama and papa enjoyed the Sunday roast I had prepared after we had toasted Phoebe's arrival with a bottle of "Bolinger" champagne.

And later I held her in my arms, close to my chest and sang the song I have chosen for her babyhood - "Lavender's Blue" - an agricultural song from long ago. I will use this song to comfort her and send her to sleep:-

Lavender's blue, dilly dilly,
Lavender's green
When I am king, dilly dilly,
You shall be queen

Who told you so, dilly dilly,
Who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly dilly,
That told me so

Call up your friends, dilly, dilly
Set them to work
Some to the plough, dilly dilly,
Some to the fork

Some to the hay, dilly dilly,
Some to thresh corn
Whilst you and I, dilly dilly,
Keep ourselves warm

And one day, when I am gone and she is a woman she might hear this song again and think to herself - "I know that song but I don't know how or why".

Finally, sincere thanks to readers of "Yorkshire Pudding" for all the lovely messages I received in the comments section of this blog after the last two posts. I have read many of them out to Frances and Stewart. It's very uplifting to think that there are so many good people out there thinking such kind,  genuine thoughts about our heavenly babe. Thank you so much.


from Yorkshire Pudding https://ift.tt/3p5PZBy

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق