Only Me/ You



So many people have a strange habit when introducing themselves on the phone 
They say
It’s only me” 
Almost as if they are apologising .
Which they are.....

I do it all of the time.
And I shouldn’t ....

Being awake when nearly everyone I know is asleep allows the mind to wander around such
conundrums. 
Tiktok is filling with American Shite and Twitter with two many gay men, shirtless and drunk 
My book The Object of my Affection by Stephen McCauley is untouched .
It was the first “ gay” novel I ever read back in 1989 and I can still remember a quote from it that resonated with me 

 Often, what's most attractive about a person is that part they're trying hardest to conceal, that part they think is least likable. You find out about it and it becomes a secret bond between you, something you never talk about but hold close to your heart and are continually touched by”

It still does........

Alison Moyet looks better now than she did thirty eight years ago
How is that possible?

My mask smells of olbas oil, a few drops before shift makes the wearing it bearable for hours at a time






from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2JEpZxU

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق