Early Morning

My first day shift in nearly four months starts in two hours.
I didn’t sleep and was awake just after 3am and 5 am
At half five I took the girls and Albert for a walk in the frost
A group of four badgers were spinning in the lane outside Trendy Carol’s and for a moment at each ends of the dark lane  we faced each other off before the badgers scattered like fat leaves...Mary yapped and Albert arched golden eyed as they fled.
Dorothy hugged my calf, frightened as always minutes after the encounter.
I settled the animals down on the kitchen reading chair as I made my breakfast, and even Albert was nearby rubbing his face on the chair back.
I’ve just realised .....I miss saying goodbye to a human before I go to work.





from Going Gently https://ift.tt/34WZv1U

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق