“ For the days that drag our souls into dreary circles “

 


Wales, like Seattle, is well known for its somewhat wet climate.
It has rained heavily every day here for the past ten days or so, and everything is muddy and wet and slimy. My friend’s ponies have been brought down from their treacherously wet and steep field on the Gop to graze on my field in the safety of flat ground.
It’s nice to see them feeding, the steam rising off their bodies in the wet
This muggy feeling in itself is exhausting and I find myself longing for a dry garden path and some weak sun on my face. 
A gift of a book showing a collection of Andrew Wyeth paintings lifted the gloom nicely today 
I lit the fire too, just after breakfast
Old Welsh Cottages get cold quickly if left unchecked.
I FaceTimed my friend Ruth who sent me some scotch eggs then spoke to a lady called Lydia from the office of National Statistics Wales who interviewed me about how I felt about Covid 
One of the questions was about eating enough which was sobering 
She told me that I get a ten pound voucher for helping out, it’s sad that everyone needs to be paid for helping out 
My personal lockdown finishes on Thursday. 
I will leave you with a bit of Ella and the sublime My Funny Valentine 

    




from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3mMq6Fx

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق