Fading

 


The Welsh lockdown is now over and Winnie had her follow appointment at the vets to go to. 
I had to left her into and out of Bluebell and the twelve year old vet had to help her up the one step into the surgery while I was instructed to wait outside.
My request for some general painkillers was granted but the vet was at a loss of what to do next.

Winnie is gently fading like a dry brown rose in a vase.

The vet lowered his voice, and looked uncomfortable. He was about to bring up the subject of euthanasia 
Winnie let out a large fart and looked bored
He brought up the subject as I suspected

I put my hand up. 
“The time isn’t quite right” I told him “ I’ll know when it is” 
The old girl was watching me carefully, with a sort of look that she understood the subject of the conversation and she very slowly walked back to Bluebell with a snort and a limp

We stopped at McDonalds on the way home.
I had a coffee, a flat white.
She had a double cheeseburger without the pickle





from Going Gently https://ift.tt/3k7wkOw

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق