Gran Fry

I was reading The Lost Language Of Cranes By David Leavitt with my feet in the sun which created a rectangle of gold on the new carpet framed by little square living room window

The cottages faces south and by 1pm the stone front has become quite warm after the autumn chill of last night.
I must of fallen asleep, just for a moment 
But as my eyes opened and head jerked back slightly the room was suddenly filled with the scent of cold cream and talcum powder.
It was intense and almost overwhelming 
and it was if my grandmother has just bustled past,
Her big arms filled with laundry 
Her face wide from smiling 
A broad plain blue dress with short sleeves and an apron

She’s been gone some thirty seven years now
And just occasionally 

I miss her so 


from Going Gently https://ift.tt/2Go618z

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق