Jeruselema


This Past week, in between sofa sagas, friend catch ups and space from work I’ve had time to think and to ponder.
Now it’s time to return to work with all of its disciplines and routines and all of the ponderings have to be put back into action.
Words are nothing
Actions are everything
The easy objectives have now been achieved .
My nest is feathered the way I would like ; I have survived full time employment for exactly a year now And mentally I’m on an even keel with friends and pastimes filling the void that was husband.

And so I can now concentrate on my weight and my health.
It’s time.

I’m a comfort eater and drinker
Behaviours learned from some family that never had anything and from others who couldn’t cope with anything.
Feeding others also gives me pleasure
and when you are feeding others invariably you are feeding yourself.

It’s also easy to let things go when your tired and 58 and you don’t like yourself very much.
Divorces don’t do a lot for your self esteem
Especially a divorce you didn’t want.

But people do pull themselves up by those proverbial bra straps and when you are smiling again, there’s time enough and space enough to get yourself physically well again

And so it’s back to work. With healthy lunches and supper already prepared at home.
There’s no gin and tonic when the ritual of blog replying commences
And there’s an effort to reverse that patten of late night film watching where books are now being read much more than re runs of zombie box sets are being watched.
It’s time

Does that make sense?
So I will blog today about Paloma Faith’s “ Better Than This”
And more importantly about Master KG’s  “ Jeruselema ”
Which is a bloody joyous song

And is one I will be dancing to in the Cubana Bar in Sheffield , some day soon


Dorothy and I up the Gop this morning





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق