Cafe Society

 

The former Glass Lounge in Colwyn Bay

I have two favourite cafes in North Wales 
One has gone out of business and has shut for good.
The other re opened the other day and is holding on by the skin of its teeth.
The one that has closed had a rather stern barista and wonderful food.  The barista , some may recall spent almost two hours listening to an interview I had with my divorce mediator and at one emotional moment came to the table with a jug of iced water and napkins !
I’m so sorry she’s gone.


Y shed in Meliden


The other cafe at “ y shed” is modern and adaptable. It is situated in a converted railway shed and welcomes walkers and their dogs. I went today for breakfast and noticed Dorothy in one of the snap shots the owner takes of the canine visitors .
I ordered a large coffee and breakfast
The waitress thought I ordered a large everything so I was faced with a belly buster meal.
I can’t now eat for the rest of the day



I overpaid the bill in a gesture of support 
“ It’s just nice to have you back” I told the owner.....
We need to support these small businesses 
So please take a photo of your local coffee shop, or tea room or restaurant Or takeaway and send me the photo
jgsheffield@hotmail.com
Let’s big them all up 

And finally today I will leave you with Andy Grammer singing his own song
It’s infectious 





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق