Desert Island Discs

We played Desert Island Discs at work
The other nurses I worked with have never heard of the radio 4 programme
I felt old explaining the concept 
Here are my eight Discs 

The great Diana Damrau belting out the Queen Of The Night Aria 
From Mozart's The Magic Flute
I saw the performance at the New York Met on a magical evening
which took my breath away



1992
Sheffield, drunk with three friends 
Singing and dancing to this on the roof of Weston Park Hospital 
Salad days



This song is synonymous with my best friend, Nuala
My constant of. 31 years 



 Well I have to have at least one classic movie theme 
Moon river has it all.
This version is by Lea Selonga who took the original lead in Miss Saigon
Another set of lovely memories of old friends from musical theatre




This ticks a few boxes
My Liverpool heritage ( Mother and grandparents- who adored this hymn)
Hillsborough where I lived for many very happy years
And My home town of Sheffield 
Still dear in my heart

 
This was playing constantly on the radio when I had to take my 
First dog Finlay back and forward to the animal hospital before he died 
The song and his death broke my heart


 

my overall favourite song sung by my own choir 
Beautiful 
A Spanish / Jewish lullaby 
Durme Durme 

And finally a song that underlines optimism 
Hope , moving forward, and the importance of humour 


What's yours

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق