A Stream Of Conciousness

I'm working night shifts this week to cover nurses who have had to put themselves into isolation .
Next week I am on holiday, though I suspect things may change if staff shortages continue.
Everything has changed in work, everything.
And emotions are running high.

In a fit of testosterone I went to B&Q  ( a hardware store for those that don't know) and bought paint and sugar soap and extra brushes .
The store was busy with people with similar plans
Next week I shall start painting my living room a gentle and relaxing vanilla yellow

I feel somewhat bombarded with information

Twitter seems awash with stoic and funny comments about isolation
But most have a sort of shocked desperation about them
Thank the lord for Justin Trudeau and his cute baby beard
I wish he was our Prime Minister.

Some of my family are scared of what will happen. The daily bulletins at 5 pm are teatime grenades
There was no dog food left in Sainsbury's yesterday
They don't mention that on the news.
I had a sausage bab in Mark's cafe yesterday.
There was only two of us in there and I still dribbled butter down my front.....

My friend Ben at work sounds as though he needs a pint. I hope to catch up with him and another workmate Ruth very soon. This is the first time since I worked in spinal Injuries that I've got friends at work.
Ben used to work under my husband.....
It's a small world.

I've just messaged the village pub to see if they do any takeaways?
It may be a source of revenue if taken up by hungry villagers

Theatr Clwyd and the Storyhouse in Chester are now shut, I know it sounds silly but I feel their loss rather acutely.

I'm on my break at work and it's 4.45 am
Briefly I stood outside a few minutes ago and let the cold air over West Shore perk me up.
A short line of mountain goats were picking their way down the Orme towards the hospice
and from somewhere a gull called out in the dark.

Everything feels , just a little surreal





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق